Wildlife and Lewis & Clark Historical
Private River Safari
“Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.”
Embark on a most remarkable river journey on the path of Lewis & Clark with historian, naturalist, and wildlife guide, Ken Sinay. Float down the Yellowstone, Jefferson, or Madison River enjoying birds, wildlife, history, and the spirit of Montana. Relax with a gourmet picnic lunch. Take a swim, if you choose. The day is yours on this private tour designed to your preferences. An excellent experience for all ages and physical abilities — something for everyone!
“Your river trip was literally the most fun we have had for a long time and certainly the highlight of summer.”
DURATION: 1/2 Day or Full Day
MAXIMUM GROUP SIZE: 6 people
AVAILABLE: May 15 — October 15
AGES: Excellent for all ages
- Enjoy possible wildlife sightings of moose, deer, beaver, mink, a variety of beautiful birds, and so much more. We cannot guarantee any particular species, but we do guarantee wildlife diversity.
- Your private tour is just for you and your group, customized to your preferences and goals for the day.
- Enjoy a lovely gourmet lunch on Full Day tours, seasonal snacks and fruit on Half Day tours.
- Custom designed “hard” boat (this is not a raft) designed for safety and comfort.
River Safari location is determined by your location, preferences, and river conditions. Final river selection will be arranged between you and your guide.
MADISON RIVER: Great for wildlife, half day or full day safaris
- This is a short, very secure and safe, river float.
- Our best Wildlife River Safari (our best for moose and beaver)!
- Great habitat and you are actually at the origination points of the Missouri River.
JEFFERSON RIVER: Best for full day, Lewis & Clark’s Route, remote
- This is most often a full day event.
- The Jefferson is the actual Lewis and Clark Route to the west and is also William Clark’s return route.
- Our most remote River Safari trip. Few houses, excellent scenery, and excellent wildlife opportunities.
- Full Day River Safari tours like this can include swimming and water fun!
- A pristine wilderness experience in a single day event.
YELLOWSTONE RIVER: Big and beautiful, extremely scenic
- The Yellowstone is big and beautiful! Extremely scenic!
- Good wildlife, particularly bald eagles and other birds of prey, but still have opportunites for beaver, mink, and river otter.
- Full day trips include “mini hikes” on islands.
- We float in either Paradise Valley or downstream of Livingston for a more remote, wilderness experience and William Clark’s actual return route. A real “Great Plains” experience.
All prices are per person, regardless of age. Contact us for community and donated rates.
1 – 2 people: $475
3 – 6 people: add $100 per person
1 – 2 people: $695
3 people: $895
add $100 per person
- Shuttle service for your vehicle from the start to the end of the river safari access sites.
- Binoculars and optics for your use for the day.
- Enthusiastic, engaging commentary.
- Full Day trips include lunch, drinks, snacks, and seasonal fruit.
- Half Day trips include drinks, snacks, and seasonal fruit.
“Thank you for opening my eyes to a beautiful and wondrous world.…Thanks for sharing your love, laughter and vast knowledge….”
“An all-day drift boat trip with a naturalist on the completely deserted Madison River proved to be a high point…a whole day encountering only beavers, deer, pronghorns, a mink and many birds.”
Henry and Annette Lucksinger, Killen, TX
Greatly enjoyed our trip down the Jefferson and then across southwest Montana tracing the Lewis and Clark Trail – GREAT FUN!”
Charles and Suzan Holiday, Omaha, NE
“Thank you for a truly unforgettable river trip! Thanks to your knowledge, Lewis and Clark have never seemed so close to home for me…I will never forget the day I spent on the Jefferson River, watching for wildlife, spotting birds, enjoying a spectacular lunch and learning about Lewis & Clark.”
Ande McCollum, Bozeman, MT
“Ken Sinay makes learning and exploring wonderfully exciting! History, wildlife, and culture come alive with his animated stories, humor, and unparalleled enthusiam. There is nothing quite like a day on a river with this extraordinary professional guide.”
Tami Winchell, Dana Point, CA